Classic Alfa Forum

OUTRAGEOUS SHIPPING COSTS

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGBMK3 Avatar
MGBMK3 Mark Patane
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Have just ordered a couple of things from Centreline Alfa in the USA.

And I have to say, their service is very average and their shipping costs are OUTRAGEOUS!!

2 x wiper arms, sump plug, diff plug and the spongey air socks for the Webers... USD$97 for shipping!!

I normally buy all my 105 parts from England, I can order on 8pm Monday night have them arrive 8am Thursday morning at my door for around $20 shipping!! That's literally half way around the world!!

Can't get stuff from the USA- across the pacific- in less than 2 weeks and at ridiculous prices!! The USA really needs to lift it's game.

This is the last time I will order from Centreline.

My recommendation: If you are looking for 105/115 parts, always try Classic Alfa and Alfaholics in the UK first. Bet you it will be cheaper and quicker than the USA... even if you are in the USA!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-16 04:46 AM by MGBMK3.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tdskip Tom Smith
SoCal, CA, USA   USA
1959 MG MGA
Sorry you had a bad experience - I'm not associated with Centerline but I've found them good to deal with.

The UK suppliers are very well regarded and I've had friends on the East Coast get parts as quickly as from inside the US.

What sort of shape is your GTV in?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links