AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Rufus Avatar
Rufus Gold Member Harry Singleton
Garland, Texas, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT Special "Rusty"
1974 MG MGB GT "Krusty"
It appears that there is very little traffic on this forum, but if you are out there, here it is.
I found a 68 1750 Spider basket case barn find. I'm not really an Alfa guy being a regular on the MGB forum but I was approached by the executor of the estate to place this car.
It is a total basket case, with most parts present but disassembled including the engine (out of the car but still in one piece, plugs out does not turn with a hand on the balancer but I've not put a wrench to it) trans out but not disassembled, all glass intact, seats/door cards/top frame all intact, all chrome off but intact and present, and the usual banged in the nose but no frame work damage only sheet metal.
I have a group of photos I will gladly forward if there is any interest shown here.
All in all, this car has one good thing going for it, and that is the "lack" of rust. The rockers, dog legs and floor boards (one small quarter sized hole in passenger floor)are remarkably rust free. There is surface oxidation around the fuel tank seams, but no serious cancer. I was shocked, but it is a Texas car that has been in the storage building for quite a while.
If you have any interest in this car, please contact me here via PM and I will happily share photos and description info. This car is part of an estate of a fellow who had several project cars and trucks and I have no interest in it other than placing it with an Alfa guy who can appreciate what it is. In the big picture, it is going to be fairly inexpensive.
Thanks for the interest.

Have fun
Harry

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wingwalker Avatar
Wingwalker Larry Duthie
Walla Walla, Washington, USA   USA
1988 Alfa Romeo Spider "Carlotta"
I'm interested. I recently restored a 1988 Alfa basket case and am finishing a motorcycle now. So, I'll soon need a new project to keep me busy. Please forward photos, asking price and other information on this car to my email address. It is

larryduthie@gmail.com

Thank you,
Larry Duthie

Barmar Avatar
Barmar Barry Marshall
Van Nuys, California, USA   USA
1968 Morgan Plus 4 (+4) "Beatrice"
Hello.
I would be interested
Please e-mail me
marshall850@hotmail.com
Thanks
Barry

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgctony Avatar
mgctony Platinum Member Tony Giordano
Blue Point, Long Island, NY, USA   USA
well it has been too long so the car must be sold but i am looking for a alfa in any condition...had a gtv 2000 and would like a pre 1960 to set up a racer let me know if you see anything
tony giordano
mgctony@aol.com
203-904-3244-c

R.S.McArthur Avatar
R.S.McArthur Randolph McArthur
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA   USA
68 would be a Duetto no?1600cc?...I think the 1750 was a 1 year 1969 Spider w/injection...Same body as 1968 just 1750c with injection and refered to as Spider...

Rufus Avatar
Rufus Gold Member Harry Singleton
Garland, Texas, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB
1967 MG MGB GT Special "Rusty"
1974 MG MGB GT "Krusty"
Hello fellas, just a note to answer the questions.
This car was in a group of cars and pickups that I was trying to buy a couple of years ago. The original deal fell through, and I went back to fooling with MGB's. That is why there have been no updates on this car. Oddly enough, two weeks ago, my partner on the buy called me and told me the car "might be available" again as it was never dealt with. Two years ago, it was part of an estate clearance. Today it is a thorn in the executors side, and unfortunately she has decided that since it is an Alfa Romeo it must be worth a bucket full of money.
If indeed, it becomes available I will let you guys know and we can try to make a deal. I'm no stranger to pulling unfinished projects from garages all over the Southwest, and if it can get done, I'll do it.
Have fun

skyarchi Joseph P
Riverton, NJ, USA   USA
I'm interested, please let me know.

R.S.McArthur Avatar
Before I bother you for pictures how much is it?
Thanks

R.S.McArthur Avatar
Never mind.For some reason the site forwarded your original posting as if it were recent.I see now the responses.
Thanks

wilfin56 William Finlay
Hamilton, waikato, New Zealand   NZL
is this still around or gone any photos thanks Im in NZ regards wil

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Alfa Romeo Spider

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links